Thursday, June 26, 2008
Monday, June 23, 2008
Wednesday, June 18, 2008
Friday, June 13, 2008
Here's an quick look at the mobile setup for the Bachelor of Design mobile trial for Semester2 2008 at Unitec:
1. Nokia N95 + 1GB card
2. Nokia BT headset (for the 'geek'look!)
3. Folding Bluetooth keyboard for faster text entry.
4. Case and screen protector.
And Not shown:
5. Moodle for support notes.
6. VOX (http://www.vox.com) for blog/eportfolio.
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Vodafone NZ now have a news bulletin on their site re the release of the iPhone 3G on 11 July - not much info & no pricing from Vodafone yet - however the NZ Herald qoted the 8GB iPhone 3G to be $365NZ this morning - that's less than a third of the parallel import price of the original iPhone!
"Australia, Italy, New Zealand and Portugal will be the first Vodafone markets to offer customers iPhone 3G for purchase on July 11. iPhone 3G will be available via Vodafone on both prepay and contract price plans which will include great value data bundles."
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
3G iPhone announced today!
• Available NZ 11 July – Vodafone
• 8GB $200US ($300 NZ), 16GB $300US ~ $500NZ !
• App store coming – some free blogging apps announced (Typepad)
• Will there be a voice/data contract required as part of purchase???
* iPhone2 software
* MobileMe synchronization (an updated dotMac)
* iPhone/iPod applications & app store coming soon
* Video recording
* only 2MP camera resolution still, & no flash lighting
* No secondary camera for video conferencing
* No handwriting recognition
* No Java
* No Flash
The iPhone has the best mobile web experience available, but the holes in its feature set still hamper it. It's biggest benefit is the intuitive User Interface - this is the major downfall of Symbian S60 & UIQ mobile OSes.
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
Acer Aspire One mini laptop - Linux & WinXP versions. An Eee PC competitor set to undercut the Eee PC 900 and 901. Isn't competition great!
No bluetooth builtin (same as Eee) though :-(
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
From Trinder, K., Guiller, J., Marggaryan, N., Littlejohn, A., & Nicol, D. (2008). Learning from digital natives: Bridging formal and informal learning. Glasgow Caledonian University: The Higher Education Academy.
Usage of Mobile Phones:
- 12% Voice
- 16% Multimedia
- 37% Messaging
- 8% Web Browsing
2005 - 2007 Mobile Browsing & Multimedia on the rise