Wednesday, February 08, 2006

MERLOT Review

Well, after a 16 month wait (just as well I didn't rely on them for my Thesis write-up!) I have received my first review for a Learning Object submitted to MERLOT (Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching).

Read it here.



While I only received a 3 out of 5 grade - my grade was actually 3.9 (they don't post points :-( ). I was let down by our poor server internet connection speed. Still, not bad for my first Learning Object - hopefully I get a better 'grading' for my other three Learning Objects (also submitted September 12 2004 - don't hold your breathe for an eta on the review!)


I did receive a 'nice' email to go with the release of the review though: "In summary, the MERLOT-Music Editorial Board wishes to acknowledge the valuable contributions Thomas Cochrane has made to advancing the teaching and learning within the discipline of music. This work is a model of the scholarship of teaching that can benefit faculty teaching and students learning around the world."



No comments: