The steps involved in creating a PodCast Show using VOX and the iTunes Store are:
- Record your Podcast show episode and convert to either mp3 or mp4 (aac, m4a).
your audio file (Podcast episode) to your Vox blog - either as a post
attachment or upload directly into your Vox 'Audio' folder in your Vox
- Create a 'Collection' in Vox and name it - e.g. 'My Podcast Show'.
your Podcast Episode to your Podcast 'Collection' in Vox - note
providing a description and tag words will make it easier for listeners
to search for your Podcast show and categorize it!
- Find your Vox Podcast Collection RSS feed and copy it.
- It will be in the form: http://thomcochrane.vox.com/podcast-show/atom.xml
- i.e. http://yourvoxname.vox.com/yourvoxcollectionname/atom.xml
iTunes, choose 'Advanced', 'Subscribe to Podcast' and paste your
Podcast RSS feed - iTunes will then download and play your Podcast show
- Share your iTunes Podcast Playlist (and your RSS feed) with the rest of the class!
- To get your Podcast show on iTunes:
- Submit your Shows RSS feed to iTunes
- Launch iTunes.
- In the left navigation column, under iTunes Store, click on the Podcasts link to go to the Podcasts page.
- In the left column of the Podcasts page, in the Learn More box at the bottom, click on the Submit a Podcast link.
- Follow the instructions on the Submit a Podcast page.
- Note that you will need a valid iTunes account, and you will need to be logged into iTunes.
- You will receive a confirmation email from Apple.